Melanie Greenberg on lil omm

By Mama Bear , In , , 10:03 AM

I'm not sure exactly what I was looking for when I came to my first class in July - some healing, perhaps (I was recovering from a near-fatal medical emergency), and some help with tight hips. I had always wanted a yoga studio in our neighborhood, so I was very excited and curious when Lil Omm opened its doors. I was intrigued by the family-friendly vibe, and delighted by the warm welcome when I came for my first class. I felt so wonderful physically and mentally after that one class, that I just kept coming!

There is something so joyful about the classes with babies and toddlers playing either in the studio or the children's room -- it focuses the mind on the truly important things in life. I now come almost every day, especially to the early morning classes with Cristina and Kelly, the adult classes with Brandice, and the Saturday morning class with Dena. All these teachers give so generously of their wisdom and experience, and always make me feel proud for coming out and trying new poses.

Throughout a fall and winter filled with the chronic illness of one of my children, along with other stressful events, I felt that Lil Omm was a place of peace and respite. My body feels so much better than it ever has - stronger and more flexible --and I realize that I have gained some new tools for living in the moment and accepting life as it is. My husband told me last night that I even sit at my computer differently! Lil Omm is such a jewel, a gift to our neighborhood and community, and I thank Pleasance and all the teachers, staff and students for the joy and commitment they give to this shining community!

0 comments:

Post a Comment