Sadness at home and away

By lil omm , 6:29 PM

Tonight, I can’t seem to find my breath, my rhythm or clear my mind, my chest is tight. The devastation in the world this evening is overwhelming and unbearable. Between the natural disasters in Japan (facing at least 10,000 deaths) along side our local, personal and horrific tragedy here at lululemon bethesda, sadness prevails in my heart . In times like these, how do we deal, we cope? How do we make sense of all this, and process in a way that’s healing and real and move forward with our own strength of life. What is the purpose? Yoga teaches us that everything is cyclical and we end each practice in our final resting position. But when tragedies strike so close to home or with such a large number of victims,  it’s hard to come back to that. We practice love, light, faith and strength and send this to the families and friends who are mourning. Tonight, I feel like the world is mourning. Everywhere I turn sadness, mourning, loss and yet on this beautiful day a sense that spring is coming, that we are forced to move forward with this life. As we do not know what tomorrow holds. How many times I have heard this and not FELT it until it’s too late.. Yet, the irony of all this is that my own belly is swelling with a new life. This dualistic reality that we lead.  The loss feels overwhelming. I wish there was something I could say or do to heal those in pain, some way to relieve all the suffering.  be mindful and loving, and know that we are all connected
-Pleasance

0 comments:

Post a Comment