Meet Heidi!

By lil omm , In , 7:08 PM

Heidi first started practicing yoga at Jivamukti Yoga Center in 1997 when it was still a small brownstone in the East Village in NYC, and knew right away she found what she was looking for. At the time she was just starting out as a teacher of young children, and found yoga to be a great blessing on her life. She began her training to be a yoga teacher at Jivamukti with her first teachers, Sharon Gannon and David Life, with whom she continues to study and is forever grateful. She has also studied with Alan Finger (ISHTA yoga), Shiva Rea (Vinyasa Flow), and Molly Kenny (Integrated Movement Therapy), and has trained in Thai Yoga Bodywork from the Thai Institute of Healing Arts.  Heidi believes in challenging her students to find their own sense of truth through diligence, a sense of curiosity, and mindfulness.She enjoys teaching in after-school programs for kids in public schools in DC and MD, and has just finished training with Yokid. She hopes to continue bringing the positive effects of yoga to everyone she can!

On lil omm, Heidi says:

Fate brought to me lil omm, where dreams come true. Last year I found myself pregnant, as a result of snowmageddon, and looking for resources to support my journey into motherhood.  A lot of people were telling me, "You have to meet Pleasance...she's starting a new family yoga studio and she's the nicest person!" She just also happened to be looking for a Jivamukti teacher, and I was a Jivamukti teacher. I was also interested in teaching kids yoga.  I started teaching Jivamukti at lil omm on Sunday mornings , and found rich resources for my growing family,  as a yoga teacher, and pre and postnatal mom.  I gave birth in October to a beautiful and healthy girl, Lucy.    I'm now thrilled to be teaching Movers and Preschoolers, and Storytime Yoga, while bringing Lucy!  Not to mention having childcare in my Jivamukti class.  

My husband Pasha and I feel blessed and fortunate to be in such a wonderful community of inspired teachers, babies, kids, moms and growing families.  At lil omm, dreams really do come true!

Heidi teaches both adult and children's classes. View the schedule and find her classes here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment