Why Yoga?

By lil omm , 5:15 PM

Why Yoga?

When riding the waves of life, yoga practice is the foundation to ground me. It's no doubt that the past few weeks have thrown some unexpected curve balls my way. And daily, I say and think, "thank goodness I practice." I am so overwhelmed with FAITH that all will be good, and that our community and our changes will be better for everyone overall. In times of transition, change, unknowing, there's this space that resides for optimal expansion. That is where I am living. day by day, moment to moment and breath to breath. There are no better lessons to teach Saylor, my daughter than  TO BE HERE NOW. Be awake to what is and let the flow of this amazing, spacious life take us on an unknown journey.

And , since I am 38 weeks pregnant.. if her brother is born before we find the EXACT and SPECIFIC home for lil omm, then so it is. It will be okay. It's all good. I'm working on having that not happen, looking at spaces, meeting people daily, and finding us the best lil omm home!

When I feel tension rising in my chest, or knots in my stomach. I try to stop and notice the physical effects on my body and my baby. That is yoga.

When I feel overwhelmed with emotion or hormones, I stop and close my eyes and re -center myself. I have tools to come into this day, this challenge, or this tremendous joy and see what is clear, real and present.  That is yoga.

When I am so swollen at the end of the day and my 3 year old is crying b/c she's overtired and I crawl to the mat , so tired from the added weight, and heat and stress.. and I get 10 minutes of cat/cow and squats and hip openers .. that is yoga.

So you don't have to go to 90 minutes of hot -sweaty- detoxing- yoga to "practice yoga"  and you certainly don't have to touch your toes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment