Reflections on LO

By lil omm , In , 5:50 PM

" I just wanted to drop you a note of thanks and let you know how much lil omm has
meant to me this last year. I was sad to read the news yesterday that the studio
is moving, but was also inspired to read your note about how community is more
than a physical space. I want you to know that I will continue to support lil
omm where ever you relocate. It has been such a wonderful place for me and now
for my baby -- I can't imagine life without it!

It was just about a year ago that I first entered lil omm for the
mindfulness-based stress reduction class. To say that course changed my life
would be an understatement, and Lil Omm, in my mind, is connected to that
transformation. It was in your studio that I finally heard some of the quiet
voices inside me that wanted to be expressed, and it was in your studio that I
really started thinking about how I wanted to live my life going forward. Even
going to the bathroom was an inspiration (seriously -- I love the cards on the
walls!) and an occasion for reflection. Lil Omm continued to be a refuge and a
source of inspiration during my pregnancy (I credit my smooth, natural birth
with many of the things I learned in class). And now, it's a place to have fun
with my baby. Sometimes, I look around the room, at the omm on the wall and am
amazed at all that has happened and changed within me in one year.

I say all this to say thank you, and to let you know that the studio will have
my support wherever you move. "
-KM, student

0 comments:

Post a Comment