The Yoga Room, Nantucket wth PICS!

By lil omm , In , 3:30 PM

For the past several years, one of my favorite parts of our annual summer vacation to Nantucket is to take yoga classes from Paul. He's one of the main teachers here on the Island, and he's fabulous. He really is a wealth of information! I have brought my uncles, step mother and aunt to his classes and have followed him to the 3 studio spaces where he teaches. Tonight, I made my way back hOMe to the Yoga Room. I forgot how lovely this place is, how much I look forward to it's cottage -like space , and how amazing it was to actually take a class ALONE ( sans children!!) It was the first one I remember in a very, very long time.

I am actually SHOCKED at how much work, planning and support from family I needed in order to make this YIN class with Paul happen.

1. pump plenty of milk all day for milo so I could leave for 2 hours.
2. make sure Saylor had a plan she was happy with while I was gone. Today, it was watch little mermaid with her cousins, aunts and uncles, everyone who was watching her so I could go to class. This was NOT as simple as it sounds.. b/c she wanted to watch in the bedroom, then the living room, just with uncle Alex and then with the cousins.. get my point?
3. Prepare myself for my first official class back and LET GO OF THE GUILT I was feeling as we pulled away. It was only 2 hours and the children were SURROUNDED by relatives to take care of them.. so why did I feel so guilty?

I took my aunt and uncle to class and it was so great to do this with them, spend time with them in such a special and sacred place for me.
I have another 5 days here on the island and hope to see and study with Paul at least 2 more times before I leave. I am sure it will be easier now that I have made the leap - back to adult classes.





1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the share! My family and I rented one of those beautiful Nantucket Rental homes by the water this year for three weeks and my wife has been searching for a gym or yoga class to join. Do you know how I can get more information about this?

Post a Comment