Michelle's Inspired by BLOOMA!

By lil omm , 2:15 PM

Bellies and Babies = Blooma!

I have a confession to make. I have been endlessly inspired by a yoga studio I have never even set foot in.  And while that may seem weird, thanks to the power of the internet and the beauty of blogs I can learn and explore and soak in the vibe of an amazing studio with wonderful offerings.  Blooma Yoga Studio is located in St. Paul, Minnesota (and they have 2 other locations as well) and is primarily a prenatal/postnatal/kids and family yoga studio.  While they do offer adult classes, the true essence of the studio, as it seems to me, is to support new moms as they practice while pregnant, and then with their babies, and then with their young kids, and eventually on their own (that is a sweet moment to return to!)  They offer wonderful wellness and educational programs, such as childbirth education, breastfeeding support, new mom support groups, and so much more.

If this all sounds vaguely familiar to you (lil omm, anyone?) that's because this studio has offered an inspiration and a foundation for what Pleasance and the teachers hope to create for our community here in D.C.and the metro area.  Sarah Longacre, the owner of Blooma is a doula and a prenatal and postnatal instructor and most recently, the star of the Blooma Be Well lovely prenatal yoga DVD. Her love for mamas and their babies is apparent in her teaching and in the community and events that she has created.

And if you happen to be addicted to birth stories, their blog is an endless stream of joy for you to get your "fix."

As a prenatal yoga teacher, I LOVE being involved with, and hopefully a resource for, the birthing community.  I plan to continue studying, growing and evolving as a teacher in this specific area of interest.  So while I may not make it to Minnesota any time soon (especially not in the winter!), I take joy and comfort in knowing that I can always pop in for a "visit" to Blooma remotely and take tidbits of inspiration and information with me along the way.  I hope you visit them too and get inspired!

0 comments:

Post a Comment