Starting Over...

By lil omm , 9:20 AM

What's truly amazing is how much I missed the poses. This week, Milo turned 4 weeks and I returned to yoga classes. We took 2 classes this week together. This week I laid on my back and played with happy baby. It felt so good. I forgot what it was like to be on my back , playing like that- rolling around and opening my hips.. I did a supine spinal twist and breathed a sigh of relief, it felt so good to be home.

The thing about pregnancy is ( especially with a difficult one)  you never feel like you are NOT going to be pregnant.. my mind had drifted away from how great my physical body felt in certain poses and movements. But, the truth is, it does end and your baby is born, and you get your body back and your ability to lay on your back AND your tummy. amazing.

The next few months are going to be a re introduction to the poses, all of them. The most simple of movements can be challenging for a new mama, with a changed body and a sleep deprived system. It's like coming into it all as a beginner.. which I am. I have never practice yoga as this Pleasance, with 2 kids, with this body haven carried and birthed two babies. Things will be different. Softer perhaps? slower? I am not sure.. right now taking it day by day. I notice my hips are adjusting back and my old tight pirfiormis injury sneaks it's way into my body.


Here's a picture of Milo relaxing after Leslie's postnatal class on Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment