Meet Pam!

By Mama Bear , In , 11:33 AM




For months, I had been hearing about this incredible studio called lil omm in the Palisades. When I would chat with other teachers about where I saw my yoga teaching going and the types of classes I felt most passionate about, everyone said, you need to contact Pleasance at lil omm. So, finally, I took their advice and sent an introductory email along, only to receive the warmest, most welcoming response! And, of course, this was just par for the course at lil omm!

Since joining this wonderful community in December, I have been showered with kindness, openness, and helpful touches from both staff and students. I am honored to be part of an organization that empowers, teaches, and provides a calming place of rest and relaxation for women and men of all ages and family types.

I began my journey to lil omm a little over a year ago at Tranquil Space in Dupont Circle, where I earned my 200-hour certification in vinyasa yoga. I am also trained in doga (yes yoga with your dog!) prenatal and children's yoga and am currently working toward my 500 hour vinyasa certification.

When not teaching yoga, I am (very slowly) working to complete my doctoral dissertation in sociology at NYU and am studying to be a holistic health coach through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. As a burgeoning sociologist and wellness coach, I am interested in the ideologies and processes men and women rely on to make decisions about career and family. As a yoga instructor, I hope to help alleviate some of the stresses associated with making these decisions, while simultaneously helping individuals develop mindful strategies to best address them.

My goal as a teacher is to provide a safe and supportive environment for students to explore their own mind-body connection as well as their connection with friends and loved ones. I would say my teaching style is gentle, but my sequences are intense and designed to bring students to their edge. I hope finding this balance between gentleness and threshold on the mat can be helpful in finding this balance at home and at work!

I currently teach prenatal on Sundays at 10:30 and postnatal on Sundays at noon here at lil omm. I hope to see you soon!

Please also consider joining me for a 30 minute online doga session Wednesdays from 8:00-8:30 PM from the comfort of your own home. Partial Proceeds benefit Lucky Dog Animal Rescue! For more information, please check out my websites:


www.allayyoga.com


www.musepracticeallay.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment