"Run Mama Run"

By lil omm , In , 7:18 PM

It's heavy. It's slow and it's really not pretty.
ME- back out there on the sidewalks of DC, jogging ( walking quickly) , trying to run, trying to MOVE my body! AGH!!!!

I love to run.  I love to run outside . But these days.. it's just not coming so easily.. I always have the jogging stroller out and there is always someone attached to it ( our dog, Miller, the car seat with Milo) or Saylor inside reading a book, singing me a song or yelling "run mama run" .. I tell her "I'm trying". She says "go faster" .. I tell her " I'm trying!!"

The thing is .. I was NOT always a runner, by any means. As a child, I was overweight and very tall. Growing up, sports were not my thing. Meaning.. I WAS ALWAYS LAST! last to be picked.. last to run the 600 on field day and then later in life, last for the timed mile. All of that made me very, very sad, and really hate running. Embarrassed really.

Fast forward many years.. and I find yoga , I quite the gym and all the sudden I have this ENORMOUS desire to run outside. Shortly after that I signed up for my first half marathon and started training. I took it very seriously and I "learned" to run.  ever since then, I have enjoyed outdoor jogging. I don't compete with anyone, I just enjoy my breath and movement linked, the outdoor air.. it's really great without a jogging stroller as well.. but I have not done that in so long I don't even remember!

Now, I am working on getting this baby weight off. It's really tough. I feel like EVERYONE I know who has had their 2nd ( or 3rd) baby looks amazing right after the baby, and looses all the weight SO FAST. I am really struggling with the extra pounds b/c it's making my jogging MUCH slower , much heavier,  and hurting my knee :(  Not to mention the extra pounds in my yoga practice.. plow pose is VERY interesting.. 

I know in time, it will pass, the weight will come off, and I will feel like myself, in my body again... "9 months on , 9 months off" they say... 

Next weekend, I'll be walking in honor of a dear, dear person who is no longer with us.
PLEASE come walk/Run/Jog.. (whatever ) with me , next weekend, in honor of Jayna Murray.
http://jaynamurray.bisglobal.net/shop/

0 comments:

Post a Comment