How I do love change..

By lil omm , In , 4:56 PM

And it's in the air. I don't know if it is at home in DC.. b/c I have been in New England for 2 weeks, and all of the sudden we have cool nights and shorter days. feels kind of sudden.. but there's been  2 weeks of family, sunshine, beaching, eating, relaxing, walking, biking, short sessions of  yoga on the deck and longer classes at the Yoga Room.. and it's all coming to an end. I know we'll be back next year and I 'll get to visit my favorite places, beaches, shops.. so I'm not too sad. And honestly, I LOVED this break and this time my family gave me ( watching the kids, A LOT) but I'm ready to get home and get into our new routine. I LOve Change..

Milo is 8 weeks. I'm coming out of the "haze" of newborns.. moving into our new family dynamic, our new yoga studio and a new lightness in my heart. I don't know if it's vacation high or just a sense of "I can do this" b/c of the amazing people in my life.. but I have spend the past 2 weeks- in this VERY quiet and remote house on an island.. realizing how much I love my "work" , love to work, love to connect with other moms, love to practice and STUDY yoga, love my children, miss my husband and dog, and just in general- fully embracing and awake to  this amazing life.

It WASN'T a given. it wasn't a given that I would spend 2 weeks on an island with my family, as a routine or that I would start my own business and have amazing people join the team, amazing families practicing yoga with us, and that the full expression of this life, for me , in the is body.. is fully integrated. It WASNT a given. I wasn't "born this way" in fact, my dad and I had a talk about the darker days earlier tonight.  All of these "things" these choices and blessings have come into my life AS A RESULT OF HARD, HARD work and struggles. This is NOT the place to get into it all... but let's just say I've had my fair share of exposure to addictions, heartache, depression, obesity, and a bit of just general craziness..  until I found my way. Until I found the teachings, the postures, the healing and did the work, put in the hours... I've been reading Ana Forest's book- and she talks openly and honestly about her struggles.. I think it's important to be real.

Why now? I believe we ALL have a chance to create, mold and VISUALIZE the life we want to lead. We have the power in this moment, in this time to CHANGE our path, our course the direction of our life.  There's a beautiful documentary coming out about Women and YOga coming out.. that inspired me to write this blog post.. http://www.yogawoman.tv/the-film

I want people to see it and SEE what yoga can do to help change the world, one WOMAN at a time.. I challenge all of us to move into Fall, more loving, compassionate and kind to ourselves and to others.








0 comments:

Post a Comment