And love, love , love, love...

By lil omm , 12:02 PM

I have already started working on my 2011 goals, reflections and looking back at the amazing year that 2010 was. In one short year, our fabulous little yoga home opened and has grown and flourished into this amazing community. I am SO looking forward to next year ALREADY... In 2011, we will partner with Music Together, Stroller Strides, Palisades Village, Crossway Community, Capital Hill Arts Workshop, The Lab School, offer FREE new mom support groups and FREE lactation support groups. Wow... who knew one little space would become a community center for moms, families, and more.

Someone recently asked me what other classes and programs I would like to do and offer at lil omm...and I thought back to the original creative plan for lil omm. On the list of things to offer were all of the classes/workshops that are on our schedule now and coming in 2011... and so with great pride and humble attitude I am at peace with knowing that we are evolving into a MEANINGFUL place for DC families.

My heart races with delight when I see a new mom excited about taking "Baby First Foods" or the bonds that are being created in Itsy Bitsy Yoga. Sharing and creating space where learning, playing, practicing and being are at the core of who we are and what we do.

And this time of year, the written words on cards of students so grateful for their yoga practice and the smiles of the babies on all the cards filling the studio reception- brings joy to all. And that's what yoga is. Connection, love, growth, meaningfulness in our everyday lives and practice.

Today was an "ordinary" day for me.. take Saylor to school, work my tush in TOUGH, relax in joy with LOVE, teach babies and mamas yoga, host an AMAZING healthy lunch surrounded by fabulous teachers, students, and children. Come home, work on the computer and reflect about the fulfillment that this life brings. This Wednesday, like any other Wednesday bringing me so much joy because of the community you have all created, and become part of. So with that, happy happy holidays, filled with love and gratitude ALL through the year for what life brings us and for being at peace with whatever comes our way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment