Meet Brandice!

By Mama Bear , In , , , 8:21 PM




Over the next few weeks, we'll be featuring all of our teachers, new and old, and their perspectives on yoga and lil omm...

The greatest joy of life is being mother to my 16-month-old daughter Estella. While pregnant I practiced yoga regularly in a community with other prenatal women, and it was a remarkable experience. The desire to continue connecting with other yogi moms is what brought me to lil omm, along with Pleasance’s passion for yoga and for families across the lifespan. I want to practice yoga with my daughter and with other children, with moms and families, and with yogis at all stages of life. Over the past couple months at Lil Omm I’ve formed meaningful friendships and love the people here. And I cherish being connected with like-minded women, feeling my energy renewed through daily yoga and meditation, and living creatively in ways that support and nurture my life, my family, and the lives of others.

These days, between teaching and running around with a toddler, my yoga practice tends to include some form of abdominal toning, sun salutations, a quiet mindful mountain pose or two, a few inversions, journaling, and sitting meditation.

My training is in the YogaWorks method, a unique blend of vinyasa flow and breath emphasis from the Ashtanga tradition as well as creative sequencing, use of props, and specific alignment from the Iyengar tradition. In addition to being a certified 500-hour YogaWorks instructor, I’ve also been fortunate to receive numerous teachings from His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama and have studied Buddhism in-depth with qualified teachers.

As a yoga teacher, a mom and a citizen of the world, I am blessed to have found this community. I look forward to meeting more students and creating more connections.

0 comments:

Post a Comment